Yoga for Beginners
- Introduction in yoga, 60-75 minutes
- Elaborate explanation, guidance and practice in the basic postures
- Use of props and wall to study postures
- Gradually preparing for vinyasa flow
- Forward bends, backbends, twists and balancing poses
Are you starting with yoga, or do you want to find out if yoga is a practice for you? Are you recovering from injury/disease and do you want to pick up your practice again in a slow pace? Then this is the class for you! In a calm and elaborate way (‘Hatha Yoga & Iyengar-style’) we will work with a weekly focus on the basic postures in forward bends, twists, backbends and balances. Gradually we will work towards combining separate postures (asanas) in a flow of movement and breath (vinyasa). We will explore the asanas by using props like blankets, blocks, belts, pillows and bolsters. In this class we will also frequently work at the wall to study postures in a different way and to develop our bodily awareness. The small groups (max. 8 persons) allow for personal guidance.
When you feel steady in your beginners practice you can proceed to Vinyasa Basics-classes (or just stay in this one to practice and study ;-)).